# 1 Auction Site for
Racing Pigeon Auctions
Auction Rules for iPigeon.com
- Become a registered user of the site by completing our
easy-to-follow registration form. Click "Register" on the navigation
bar on any page to register. Once
you have completed the registration and clicked the Submit button you will
be emailed your temporary password. Use this to logon to the auction and
IMMEDIATELY change the password to something you can remember. The
best thing is that registration is absolutely FREE!
- Auction Rules:
- Bids are processed in order received. Bids are processed immediately.
- Tie bids will be awarded to the first submission based on the server
- All items have a minimum bid or reserve.
- The starting bid must be equal to or greater than the stated minimum
bid. Starting bids equal to the minimum, will be posted at the minimum.
Starting bids greater than the minimum, will be posted as the amount bid
unless the "Proxy" feature is used. The Proxy feature is
an optional feature which allows you to place an upper limit bid on an
item. This way you do not have to be present to raise your bid to the
next acceptable bid level should someone else outbid you. If someone
outbids you, the Proxy acts as your agent and raises your bid to the
next bid increment above the new bidder. This will continue until your
Proxy limit is reached. Your Proxy always wins in the event that
someone ties your upper limit bid.
- You may increase your bid at any time before auction closing. You can
increase your Proxy at any time before auction closing as
long as your new Proxy is greater that the Current High Bid. However,
the auction will only recognize one of yours bids at a time for each
item in the auction. For example, the submission of a standard bid will
cancel any previous Proxy.
- The winning bidder will be the highest bid received prior "bid
- The Server clock is the final arbiter of the "bid closing".
- The hammered price will be equal to the high bid. The item will be
awarded to the winning bidder at the hammered price.
- The final results of the auction will be published on the site shortly
after auction closing.
- Winning bidders will be notified and their charge cards processed
immediately. There are no charges for the use of credit cards. Credit
cards will not be charged until after the auction has closed. Invalid
credit cards or failure to make payment will result in either the next highest
bidder being the winner or the item to be auctioned again.
- Sellers are required to ship item within 3 days of the auction end. If
your credit card is denied, you will be charged an
additional $5.00 for processing fees. This will also impact when shipment is made and
may cancel the sale, if you refuse to make an alternate payment or
refuse to answer our calls and/or email to you.
- Buyer pays shipping on a per seller basis at a rate of $50 for
the first bird and $10 for each additional bird.
This shipping will be added to the final bid. Buying more than one bird
from the same seller will reduce the shipping cost. No money is made by
the auction site or the seller on shipping charges.
- Seller warrants that all information he has posted about himself or
the bird is accurate.
- Seller will ship to the buyer in a timely manner, using good
quality boxes, and including the required documentation or pedigrees.
- The auctioneer has the absolute discretion to determine the winning
bidder; to cancel the sale or re-offer and resell any disputed item.
- LIVE and ONLINE Auctions! Any Category marked
with the words "Live and OnLine" will be closed on the day specified. The
Closing Time will vary and each auction item will close based on the Live
Auction. The Closing Time specified on the Auction Item is not the actual
Closing time. Place ProxyBids on these items as they will close at any time
on the date specified.
- Place your bid! Once you have selected the item you want to bid on,
enter your unique customer id and password. You can even place an Proxy
if you like. The Proxy feature allows you to place your maximum acceptable
bid for this item. This way, your bids will be automatically increased to
the next acceptable bid increment should someone outbid your initial bid.
Also, the Proxy always wins in the event that someone ties your maximum
When outbid, you will be sent an email
message as soon as someone overbids you. You can also track ALL your bids by
clicking "Manage your auctions" on the Membership page. You need to
logon to view this page. It's an easy
way to see your progress without having to go to every item bid page.
- Previewing Bids and Deleting Bids! As
you place your bid on an auction item, before your bid is processed, a page is
displayed showing your current bid and your Proxy Bid. If you did not enter a
Proxy Bid amount, the system will display your current bid in the Proxy bid
field. This way you will have the opportunity to change your mind if you want
by using the BACK function of your Browser. This feature has been added for
your convenience and to eliminate the deleting of bids placed in error. Now
you will have to confirm your bids.
time to time a mistake will be made. If that occurs, please email us. Bids
placed in the last three (3) hours of the auction will not be deleted.
Good luck and enjoy iPigeon.com!